Sunday 6 April 2014

Out like a lamb

As the old saying goes, March went out like a lamb; last weekend was glorious, warm and sunny and I revelled in being able to sit outside.  I also remembered to take my camera out with me and got some lovely shots of one of the robins.  Both were about and I love their trust and curiosity.  They are starting to spend time closer together and yesterday I saw one feed the other.  While I was sitting outside last weekend I was surrounded by birdsong, every bird in the area was singing and singing, I could distinguish the robins, a wren and blackbird, but there were also blue and great tits and a surprisingly assertive dunnock around.  Normally the dunnocks we have in the garden are most inoffensive and spend their time creeping about in flower beds, but this particular individual is not afraid to boss other birds off the feeders.  Watching the birds brings me such joy, it is one of the few times I find myself smiling, broadly and spontaneously.  Anyhow, photos...

P1030786

P1030799

P1030784

P1030771

P1030770
One of Dad's beloved cowslips and its red genetic variant

P1030769

P1030778

P1030809

So next time it is beautiful weather and I am sat inside, please remind me how much joy I find outside among the birds and send me outside.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful your garden looks here. I hope the sun's still shining for you :)

    ReplyDelete