Wednesday 16 May 2012

WIP Wednesday, after a hiatus

Sorry for the break in blogging, we were left for two weeks with no Internet thanks to BT's incompetence.  I'm feeling rather pleased with myself for managing to sort things out with them, though it has meant a lot of time phoning call centres in India.

No Internet has meant getting more knitting done, I've made some more stay on baby bootees, this time in Drops Baby Merino.

P1010568

And I've made a start on some purple lacy socks, a variation on Duckies, in Sandnes Garn Perfect (bought at Scandinavian Knitting Design), a yarn I am highly impressed with.  It is soft, soft enough for baby clothes, but also feels hard wearing, thanks to the 15% nylon it contains.  It is the sort of yarn I would use if I were making a jumper for a small boy as I think it would be soft enough not to be proclaimed itchy, but tough enough to survive tree climbing, mud pie making etc.

P1010595

I have invested in sock blockers and I must say they do make socks look good in photos, very pleased with them, they're by Knit Pro and weren't too expensive, among the cheapest I've seen.

Finally I have mainly been working on these socks for a sock swap I'm taking part in on ravelry, they are Edgewood by Rebecca Blair in Wollmeise Twin, a yarn that looks good and makes a lovely fabric, but is very inelastic and not that much fun to knit with I have to admit.  Thankfully I've almost finished the second sock so should be done in time to post them.

P1010594

3 comments:

  1. The last socks have a great pattern. Yeah, Wollmeise is not that elastic, but it does come in great colours, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, the colours are great, but I was totally unprepared for the in-elasticity, so it came as something of a surprise. I love the sock pattern though, they look quite Victorian I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi foggy

    your so talented with socks patterns. im afraid i stick to a straight foward pattern due to my concentration, and tension, my tension is very lose so the item ends up baggy! hope your doing ok. x

    ReplyDelete