Wednesday 25 January 2012

WIP Wednesday

This week I have returned to an old project to make changes which will hopefully enable me to make more use out of the finished cardigan. It is the Peasy cardigan by Heidi Kirrmaier, in Cygnet Superwash DK, a lovely soft pure wool. The yarn is lovely, but lighter than the Rowan Felted Tweed originally used, so that the bottom of the cardigan refused to stay flat but persisted in curling upwards and I had lengthened the sleeves without tapering them, meaning that they are far too wide around the wrist.

Therefore I am re-knitting the bottom of the cardigan, adding about an inch in length and ending in ribbing rather than garter stitch, redoing the sleeves from the elbows down with appropriate tapering and then I will have to redo the button bands and collar, possibly also in rib, though I haven't get decided on this. Due to the small size of buttons I originally used on this cardigan I'll have to come up with a smaller buttonhole, or change the buttons, which would make me sad, as they are so beautiful.

Hopefully all this will result in a cardigan I can wear more often, because I love the neckline and lace on this cardigan. So it's just a matter of relaxing with the extremely long ribbing rows and a good audiobook - currently Miss Buncle, Married - a book I would recommend, it is a sequel to the brilliant comic novel Miss Buncle's Book, by D.E. Stevenson, both are available on audible and have been re-published by Persephone books.

No comments:

Post a Comment